I now offer Antenatal care until 20 weeks of pregnancy. I work with Gordon Cochrane and Dean Meredith to provide a comprehensive Antenatal package. This includes:
- Dating scan.
- Monthly antenatal assessments (until 28 weeks).
- Screening for Down’s syndrome. (11-13 weeks).
- Anomaly scan (20 weeks).
- 4D UltraSound bonding scan.
- Growth scan (34 weeks).
- Weekly antenatal appointments (from 34 weeks).
- Presence and supervision of normal delivery.
- Caesarean section and instrumental vaginal delivery (ventouse and forceps).
I combine an orthodox practice with a genuinely holistic approach. My father Norman Morris, was the obstetrician who pioneered the development of a more humane approach to childbirth in the United Kingdom.
I am an authority on high blood pressure in pregnancy (pre-eclampsia) and ran a high risk obstetric practice in the NHS. During this time, I introduced the model of a psychotherapist working acutely in the antenatal clinic. This work has been presented at major meetings.
My Antenatal practice and package allows you 24/7 care.
I work with a breast feeding midwife counselor Esther who not only will provide help with both breast feeding and will teach baby massage and bonding techniques.