What is Gynaecology?
Gynaecology is the medical practice which deals with functions and diseases specific to the health of the female reproductive system, usually treating women who aren’t pregnant.
Obstetrics usually treat pregnant women and their unborn children, but scenarios can dictate crossover between the two. For example, women may be referred to consultant gynaecologists in the earlier stages of pregnancy, and obstetricians later in their term.
Common Gynaecological Conditions
- Heavy Periods
- Bleeding between periods
- Intermittent or irregular periods
- Abdominal or pelvic pain
- Ovarian Cysts
- Sexual health
- Menstrual Disorders
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Cervical Cancer
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Urinary Incontinence
- Itching or burning
Rapid Access Gynaecology provide comprehensive private care for women in London with a wide range of gynaecology issues. The private London clinic provides inpatient, outpatient as well as Rapid Access Services. Our London Gynaecology Clinic's are a leader in offering new treatments with a holistic approach.
- Heavy periods (menorrhagia)
- Painful periods (dysmenorrhoea)
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Uterine and endometrial polyps
- Vaginal and uterine prolapse
- Screening and treatment for cervical, ovarian, uterine and endometrial cancers
- Sexual health investigations and contraception
- HPV screening and vaccinations
Our gynaecologists also diagnose and treat Fertility Conditions, Menopause POI & PMS and Early Pregnancy Symptoms as well as Performing Surgery, Cosmetic Gynaecology and FGM reconstruction.
If you want to learn more about your gynaecology problem the links below have more detailed information.
- Fertility : www.hfea.gov.uk
- Incontinence: www.continence-foundation.org.uk
- PCOS: www.verity-pcos.org.uk
- General Patient Information: patient.info
As well as the above specific websites, BUPA and the RCOG have some excellent patient information leaflets and fact sheets.