Mr Nicholas Morris Publications
“I have recently started a blog on the Huffington Post. I also contribute to the medical literature. I have published papers in many of the leading medical journals. Here are some examples of my work.”
Peer reviewed scientific publications:
- Non-invasive first trimester antenatal diagnosis
Morris. N.H and Williamson R. (1992) British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 99, 446-449.
- The Factor V Leiden and Thermolabile Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene variants in an East Anglian Pre-eclamptic cohort. Hypertension 33:1338-1341
O’Shaughnessy K, Fu B, Ferraro F, Lewis I and Morris NH. (1999).
- Failure to detect linkage of preeclampsia to the Region of the NOS3 locus on chromosome 7q. Am J Human Genetics 64:310-313
Lewis I, Lachmeijer G, Downing S, Dekker G, Morris N.H., and O’Shaughnessy K. (1999)
- The identification of concordant monozygotic twins with preeclampsia. Am J Obs Gynecol, 182(5):1156-7
O’Shaughnessy K, Ferraro F, Fu B, Downing S and Morris N.H.(2000)
- Thrombophilic polymorphisms in pre-eclampsia: altered frequency of the functional 98C>T polymorphism of glycoprotein IIIa
O’Shaughnessy KM. Fu B. Downing S. and Morris N.H. [Letter] Journal of Medical Genetics. 38(11):775-7, 200
Nitric Oxide Metabolism
- Nitric oxide synthase activities in the placental bed and tissues in normotensive pregnant women
Morris N.H., Eaton.B.M, Sooranna S.R, Steer P.J. (1993) Lancet 342,679-680.
- Exhaled nitric oxide concentration and amniotic fluid nitrite concentration during pregnancy
Morris N.H., Steer P.J & Warren J.B. (1995). European Journal of Clinical Investigation 25, 138-141.
- Nitric oxide synthase activities in placental tissue from normotensive and pre-eclamptic pregnancies
Morris N.H., Ramsey B, Steer P.J, Sooranna S.R.(1995) British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 102, 711-714.
- Free amino acid concentration in normal and abnormal pregnancy
Morris N.H., Burston D, Ramsay B & Sooranna S.R. (1995) European Journal of Clinical Investigation 25, 796-798.
- Nitric oxide, endothelium and pre-eclampsia
Morris N.H., Eaton B.M & Dekker G.(1996) British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 103, 4-15.
- Exhaled nitric oxide concentration and urinary nitrate across the menstrual cycle
Morris N.H., Sooranna S.R, Steer PJ & Warren J.(1996) European Journal of Clinical Investigation 26, 481-484.
- Placental nitric oxide metabolism. Reproduction, Fertility and Development
Sooranna S.R, Morris N.H. & Steer P.J. (1995)
- Endothelium & Pregnancy. Molecular Aspects of Medicine
Morris N.H., Holden D. 2000
- The impact of nitric oxide on gynaecology
Morris N.H. Hickey M. (1998) Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 18: 408-412.
- Nitric oxide in pre-eclampsia and in normal pregnancy
Morris N.H. (1998). Placenta Vol 19..pages 203-205.
Vascular Endothelial Growth Factors
- Maternal serum VEGF levels in normotensive and high risk pregnancy
Sharkey A, Cooper J, Morris N.H. (1996), Charnock Jones S, Smith SK. European Journal of Clinical Investigation.
- Placental Stereology in abnormal placentation. Placenta. Jun-Jul;27(6-7):727-34
Egbor M, Ansari T, Morris N.H., Green C and Sibbons (2006).
- Morphometric placental villous and vascular abnormalities in early- and late-onset pre-eclampsia with and without fetal growth restriction
Egbor M, Ansari T, Morris N.H., Green C and Sibbons.(2006) BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 113:5, 580 – 589.
- Management of menorrhagiaMorris N.H.Mims Women’s Health. December 2006.
Female Genital Mutilation
- The experience from the first 10 years of the wellwoman African Clinic .2007
Gordon H. Morris N.H. 2007. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Volume 27, Issue 4, pages 416 – 419